Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The CommScope Home Networks organization develops World Class 4G LTE/5G NR (4G/5G) Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) products for some of the world’s largest MSOs.How You'll Help us Connect The World
FWA 5G is the fastest growing technology in our sector and as the lead design engineer you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the we deliver outstanding products to our worldwide customer base.. You will be responsible for the FWA design from concept to mass production including preparation and participation in component selection, schematic creation, layout optimization, design reviews, hardware evaluation and optimization, and data collection.Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 10+ years of proven experience designing and testing of PCB level FWA 4G/5G circuits and systems and familiarity with wireless standards (3GPP), regulatory/certifications and background in the design of wireless products and circuitry including 4G/5G receivers, transmitters, and synthesizers
- Understanding of FR1 (Sub-6 GHz, 410 MHz – 7.125 GHz) and FR2 (mm-Wave, 24.25 – 52.6 GHz) design requirements and NSA and SA modes, including Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS)
- 4G/5G antenna design and optimization experience
- Strong desire to deep dive into system level issues and drive problems to closure in a team-based environment
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in the Cable and/or Telco market with FWA chipset and module suppliers including MediaTek, Qualcomm, Fibocom, Quectel and others
- Proficient with RF PCB layout techniques including RF filter design, design for EMI and others
- Digital logic fundamentals including timing analysis and experience with design using high speed signals including PCIe
- Ability to craft tests to target specific portions of silicon designs and digital interconnects
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hireWhy CommScope
It’s not very often you get a chance to connect with something extraordinary.
In this “always-on” world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do. Driven by a collective sense of integrity, we are on a quest to ensure our lives, homes, and businesses are empowered by the world’s most advanced networks.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
Here, you will find a collaborative culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness. Come connect to your future.
You will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the Company’s Sales Incentive Plan.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.