Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Engineer bandwidth without boundaries!
CommScope is looking to add a Senior Systems Performance Engineer to System Performance team in Lowell MA
How You'll Help Us Connect the World
This role will be focused on improving the system performance and customer experience of our small cell products. More specifically, you will work on Live Air Verification (LAV) activities to define test plans, execute end to end test cases and perform deep dive analysis of the data to qualify and improve the performance and quality of new 4G LTE/5G NR software and hardware releases. You will define test strategy and plans, perform analysis, and critical metric benchmarking for new SW and HW releases of our products. Testing, Validation and optimization of new algorithms and features in a SW release. Support the execution of the LAV test plan and important metric benchmarking plan as per the agreed upon release schedule. Operational measurements (OM), critical metric and debug log analysis of LAV data to get to RCA of issues. Perform RF and parameter optimization tests and analysis to drive metric improvements. Review product, feature requirements and documentation and offer feedback to appropriate teams. Continually evaluate, influence and advance LAV to improve testing and analysis processes and deliver carrier grade products to customers.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- A completed bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Over eight years in working on system performance related to 4G LTE and/or 5G NR technologies and in-depth knowledge of 3GPP Standards
- Experience working through system performance and product development life cycle of LTE eNB and/or UE products in R&D engineering teams at infrastructure / LTE chipset product development companies is required. Strong Subject matter expertise (SME) in LTE, VoLTE and 5G NR technologies
- End-to-end and in-depth knowledge of Phy, MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC and NAS layer protocols
- Expert-level end-to-end analysis capabilities of UE side logs (QXDM), LTE vendor eNB logs, Wireshark logs and core network logs.
- Proven track record for testing, deep dive troubleshooting and getting to RCA of highly complex end-to-end 4G and/or 5G system performance issues
- Expertise with defining, measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and correlation to other metrics and logs to debug and resolve real world system performance issues
- Hands on experience and expertise with wireless data collection tools like QXDM, Wireshark, XCAL, lab equipment such as spectrum analyzer and post processing tools like QCAT, XCAP etc.
- Expertise in IP and related technologies including TCP, IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC, Routing protocols, Networking protocols, Security Protocols, SIP.
- Great teammate with strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
You Will Excite Us If You Have
Broad knowledge in understanding the interaction of small cell and macro cellular networks. Experience with scripting languages like TCL, Perl, Python.
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit [Register to View]
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.