As a Senior Base Station Design Engineer you will be a part of an exciting team providing leadership and mentorship to a globally located R&D team serving our Base Station Antennae Division. Bringing validated knowledge in wireless infrastructure architectures and air interface standards including LTE, HSPA, as well as some exposure to 5G-NR designing active and passive antennae products is required. Working as a collaborative unit across a variety of engineering and testing teams with sub-6GHz frequencies through direct involvement in 4G/5G telecom networks you will apply a high level of detailed design, simulation and layout of transceiver circuit blocks. Daily you will configure and build power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, oscillators, distributed and lumped filters, up converters, down converters, quadrature modulators and demodulators, RF switches, duplexers, matching circuits and phase shifter circuits.Do you enjoy working collaboratively across global teams? Do you have experience designing Base Station Antennas? If so, you will make an impact by
Influencing design for existing 3G/4G wireless bands along with developing 5G beam former and massive MIMO antenna arrays within the sub-6 bands and millimeter wave bands. Using HFSS and/or CST to simulate, and test wideband antenna elements and features for aperture tuning and sidelobe control. Providing an array of prototypes in near-field anechoic chamber and outdoor far field range to verify gain, cross-pol isolation, sidelobes along with all other parameters critical to for antennas you will ensure Best-in-class products for our clients. A strong understanding of Passive Intermodulation (PIM) with an understanding of PIM root causes as well as performing system analysis of Base Station Antennas as it relates to overall performance of wireless networks will be vital as you will work partner the testing team to ensure product success.Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years experience in designing antennas in the sub-6GHz bands, including system design with passive and active RF path.
- Knowledge of microwave band antennas including dipole, biquad, yagi, patch, and flared notch antennas and associated reflectors supporting linear and circular polarizations.
- Demonstrated experience designing MIMO array, phased array, and/or beamforming antenna arrays based upon cross-polar elements configurations.
- Experience with all aspects of RF PCB design and production release including functional specifications, layout design and constraints, DFM implementation, and testing for design verification (DVT)
- Master's Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Radio Frequency.
- Background in electronically tunable Phase Shifters.
- Background in mmwave antenna design.
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
We rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the Company’s Sales Incentive Plan.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com