This job is archived
Do you enjoy envisioning out of the box concepts and bringing them to life?
CommScope is a global innovator in broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. CommScope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win…and that drives everything we do.What to Expect
You will join the Research and Development arm within the Network Connectivity segment at our Apex, NC lab. Having a strong educational background in Materials Science is instrumental to the success of this team, as you will engage across a broad range of materials focused activities from leading technology development projects to material specification, selection and validation to new product development. Here you don't just conceptualize within a lab, you will also manufacture your innovative products using a 3D printer and other tools to manufacture prototypes. While the education is important, equally is the substantial work experience. Working within a distributed team, you will experience occasional domestic and internal travel.You will make an Impact by
- Interacting with product design engineers and product managers to develop material specifications based on product requirements while providing consultation on materials selections.
- Clarifying and understanding key requirements of technology, product design and existing process, including opportunities for improvement that can be enabled by material development and/or selection.
- Develop functional requirements (including environmental stresses) for materials including validation testing of materials for a variety of broadband network applications and operating environments. Reading, interpreting and applying relevant industry standards and test methodologies
- Acquire samples of proposed materials and/or components and produce (or arrange production of) prototypes, potentially including new/proposed processes. Possibly including molding trials in concert with design engineers to prove out selected resins.
- Build vendor specifications for new materials, including CTQ parameters
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials Science
- 5-10 years industrial experience with polymeric materials and adhesives
- Proven experience following CTQ Tree for design process, including experience designing, testing, and specifying polymer substrates, films, tapes, coatings and adhesives and the associated converting processes.
- History of using 3D printing materials and techniques.
- A MS or PH.D in Materials Science.
- Extensive experience with silicones, polyurethanes, and elastomers.
- Experience with polymer melt processing experience such as extrusion, injection molding and other molding processes.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
You will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan and participation in the Company’s Sales Incentive Plan.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit [Register to View]