This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. In this "always-on" world, we believe it is important to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world's most sophisticated networks - the connectivity we create. Our experienced employees are rethinking the purpose, role and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From sports arenas to state-of-the-art data centers - we provide opportunities where you can innovate and create, while growing and developing your career. Come connect to your future.
A Process Engineer at our Catawba, NC plant actively supports continuous improvement and optimizes the process of the manufacturing department. This role will identify and eliminate product /process variation through applications of Professional engineering practices, and lean problem-solving tools, writing and maintain process documentation/ instructions to ISO / TL 9000 requirements and is intended to provide technical assistance, mentorship and direction to the manufacturing employees, ensuring that the highest product quality, performance and yields are achieved. This will include testing and implementing new materials by conducting trials, evaluate and define new equipment needs to accomplish product, process and cost efficiency. You will be addressing the management and department employees globally on product/ process performance capability and any other technical related subjects relating to cable assembly production. This position monitors the manufacturing process to ensure quality products are being produced with minimum scrap levels. Respond, identify, and resolve manufacturing process problems involving production machinery, equipment supervision and raw materials. You will also offer technical resource to inter-functional teams looking after product design, process improvements, maintenance, purchasing and quality. To be successful in this role it is imperative to establish and maintain good working relations with manufacturing employees, production supervision, and quality control supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and recommend forecast annual capital budget to meet the planned requirements.
- Develop and specify: the process parameters for existing and new product introduction and release product documentation
- Partner with global engineering to ensure product uniformity while sharing the process improvements and working with other company departments like Quality, Reliability, R&D, Planning. Coordinate with local QC to resolve customer complaints and provide process solutions to our customers.
- Assist product engineering during production runs of new product development, evaluate new raw materials and substitutes and take corrective action on any production line producing unacceptable quality or scrap by either shutdown, adjustment, or initiating maintenance work orders.
- Define the actual engineering building time (routing) and provide daily support to manufacturing NPI transfer team/Product Engineers on the introduction of new projects into NPI line.
- Follow Engineering build at the Agrate site and summarize its status sharing eventual critical items and support post build report discussion for Alpha phases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field with 2+ years of related experience and 6 months of experience (professional or internship) in cable manufacturing industry
- Proven success in process improvement initiatives, project management, accountability, and tracking.
- Proficient with variety of Excel function and ERP.
- Collaboration skills with proficiency in public speaking and relaying information to large groups of people including leadership teams
- Experience with LEAN, Six Sigma, or other process improvement tools.
- on experience in extrusion processes, roll forming processes, electrical and mechanical testing, wire/tube drawing
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience with SAP, SolidWorks, Draftsight, Creo and AutoCAD
- Solid understanding RF and OTDR testing
In today’s always-on world, we are pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping future networks. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, flawless connectivity, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow. Our energetic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate while growing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.