Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Are you a meticulous engineer who loves problem solving and creating solutions?
CommScope is looking to add a Senior Systems Test Engineer to System Performance team in Lowell MA
How you'll help is connect the world:
This role will focus on testing, measuring and improving the performance and customer experience of our 4G and 5G small cell products. This involves defining test strategy, test plans and perform Live Air Verification (LAV) tests and critical metric benchmarking for new software and hardware releases as per agreed upon release schedule. We perform end to end network bring up and maintenance of the LAV network including RAN, Switches, Routers, EPC, Security Gateway, Application servers and UEs. This includes Software upgrades, hardware installation, cabling and commissioning of LAV network. By continually evaluating, influencing and advancing our LAV to improve testing and analysis processes, this position will directly impact our ability to deliver carrier grade products to customers. Our system test engineers work on testing, validation and optimization of new algorithms and features in a Software release. Operational measurements (OM), critical metric and debug log analysis of LAV data to get to RCA of issues. Perform RF and parameter optimization tests and analysis to drive critical metric improvements, review product, feature requirements and technical documents written throughout the organization and provide feedback.
Required Qualifications for consideration:
- A completed bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with 8 years of experience or a master’s degree with 5 years of experience.
- 3+ years of experience working through system performance testing and product development life cycle of 4G LTE, 5G NR products at infrastructure OEM or chipset vendors
- Demonstrated track record of performing end-to-end testing, troubleshooting and solving complex 4G LTE and/or 5G NR network and handset issues
- Hands on experience with wireless data collection tools like QXDM, Wireshark, XCAL, NEMO or similar
- Working experience with lab equipment such as spectrum analyzer and post processing tools like QCAT, XCAP, Windcatcher, Actix etc.
You will excite us if you
- Have broad knowledge in understanding the interaction of small cell and macro cellular networks. Have expertise in IP and related technologies including IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC, Routing protocols, Networking protocols, Security Protocols, SIP and working with switches, routers etc.
- Have expert-level understanding of Key Performance Indicators/user experience metrics, experience with scripting languages like TCL, Perl, Python for test automation and experience with OAM of cellular networks using Element Management Systems (EMS).
- Are a self starter with strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting [Register to View] (https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit careers.commscope.com/eeo
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.