This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Process Engineer in Catawba NC
This position will actively support continuous improvement and optimize the process of the manufacturing department. This role is intended to provide technical assistance, guidance and direction to the manufacturing employees, ensuring that the highest product quality, performance and yields are achieved to meet the customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
- Identify and eliminate product and process variation through applications of Professional engineering practices, and lean problem-solving tools.
- Write and maintain process documentation and instructions to ISO / TL 9000 requirements
- Provide technical support and/or instruction to other functions as required, to support new programs for continual improvement.
- Evaluate and implement new materials, by conducting trials, to accomplish product, process and cost improvements.
- Evaluate and define new equipment needs for department manufacturing with a view to improving product quality and process efficiencies.
- Develop and recommend forecast annual capital budget to meet the planned requirements.
- Develop and specify: the process parameters for existing and new product introduction
- Provides technical resource to inter-functional teams dealing with product design, process improvements, maintenance, purchasing and quality.
- Report on product and process performance capability to management and department employees within the organization globally as well as any other technical related subjects relating to cable assembly production.
- Liaise with Global Engineering: to ensure product uniformity and sharing the process improvements.
- Coordinate with local QC to resolve customer complaints and issues in order to provide process solutions to our customers.
- All other relevant job(s), as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related degree with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of extrusion processes is required.
- Demonstrated success in process improvement initiatives.
- Proficient with variety of Excel function and ERP
- Experience with LEAN, Six Sigma, or other process improvement tools.
- Experience in cable manufacturing processes and buffer tube manufacturing processes
- SAP experience
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
United States;United States : North Carolina;United States : North Carolina : Catawba