Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Commscope is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer in Euless TX
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting the manufacturing processes to include mechanical sub-assembly of hardware, process definition and flow, work station design and set-up/Plant lay-out, assembly diagrams, writing work instructions, and final assembly of systems hardware.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering floor support for all released products at the subassembly and final assembly levels.
- Make recommendations and implement new assembly process, methods and technology for fabrication and assembly of products.
- Train direct labor in the use of those processes and methods.
- Provide technical support for production personnel in all phases of the manufacturing process.
- Evaluate and develop new tooling required for products that are in development.
- Review and develop improvements on current process flow technology as it applies to current and future products.
- Establish assembly routings and labor standard times for new and existing products.
- Perform shop floor capacity planning and analysis.
- Design/evaluate/order work stations and equipment, keeping safety/ergonomics in mind.
- Assist with ISO initiatives.
- Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
- BSME or equivalent degree along with at least 2-5 years of manufacturing engineering experience.
- Process engineering aptitude.
- Experience with Lean/5S required
- Strong computer skills (enterprise MRP, RCCP and labor standards knowledge).
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Ability to effectively work within a team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and good time management skills
- Experience working with Welding Processes
- Design for Manufacturing experience
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.