Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions.
System Engineer will be involved in the project from conception to completion. This position presents the opportunity to apply technical skills to a design and implementation applications.Functions:
- Design of coverage solutions for buildings, road tunnels, subways, and outdoor systems and complex capacity centric In-building solutions.
- Performs RF/Wireless engineering assignments that typically involve the design, development, evaluation, modification and analysis techniques resulting in optimum system design solutions for the end customer.
- Responsibilities include initial evaluation of the customer requirements, engineering the respective solution, responding to proposal.
- Conducts site surveys and prepares RF link budgets. Prepares user documentation for submission; Performance will be measured in terms of quality and timeliness of submission.
- Supports proposal and project activities including preparation of user documentation for submissions. Supports technical presentations and customer interface.
- Responsible for execution of system/product commissioning and testing.
- Assignments typically are crafted to further develop professional work knowledge and abilities.
- Perform coverage testing using test measurement tools ( i.e TEMS , ISCAN )
- Perform Commissioning and Optimization to systems and using specific tools in this process (iBwave, propagation tools, Spectrum analyzers, etc…)
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Develops own resources to tackle problems and provides imaginative solutions to a variety of moderately sophisticated problems.
- Travel to project and customer locations; up to 50 % during normal time and during project deployment project deployment the travel is expected to be up to 75%.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Master's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required. Candidates with Degree in Electrical Engineering or RF Field are preferred.
- Technical understanding on wireless technologies ( i.e GSM, UMTS, CDMA, iDEN, LTE) required
- Prior DAS in building design, equipment knowledge experience required.
- Able to efficiently work on project teams consisting of departmental and/or multi-functional personnel
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills with good time management, oral and written skills.
- Able to work with customers and staff to resolve technical and non-technical issues
- MS Office Tools
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to carry and/or move test equipment up to 25 to 50 pounds.
This person must live in the southeast.
Prefers someone who lives in the Atlanta, Nashville or Orlando, FL area
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.