Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Principal Hardware Engineer
CommScope Ruckus is a pioneer in the wireless infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services. The Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi technology redefines what’s possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
With this technology, we're able to do something that basic wireless technology can't - deliver longer range and more reliable Wi-Fi connections to client devices; Wi-Fi that reaches farther and is inherently more stable due to the adaptive nature and control of our technology.
CommScope Ruckus delivers innovative solutions to the most critical issues facing today’s wireless networks: how to create affordable reliability and how to manage exponential growth. It's what we do. It's in our DNA.
As a Principal Hardware Engineer, you are responsible for the hardware design in the system-level and board-level. You will lead and drive hardware initiatives and work with cross-functional teams to successfully release the product to the market.
- Take ownership of board design, component selection, and hardware aspects throughout the product development cycle, from product requirement definition to production release.
- Create hardware functional specification of the product for cross-functional acceptance.
- Schematic capture, guide layout, bring up and functionally validate prototypes.
- Work with HW cross functional team members, such as RF, DVT, mechanical, antenna, and compliance engineers to design and validate hardware systems
- Work with New Product Introduction (NPI) operations team on local prototype builds and overseas builds
- Guide product through regulatory testing at external labs.
- Guide hardware Design Verification Testing (DVT) and drive debug of issues to closure.
- Promote and seek team collaboration and involve the right key players in all areas of the company to reach corporate wide solutions.
- Explore and incorporate new technologies into Ruckus products.
- B.S. / M.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- 10+ years of relevant experience in electrical/system level design, board bring-up, validation, and system integration
- Proven track record in delivering successful products with new technologies to the market in high volume
- Experience in the following areas: analog and digital circuit design, embedded system design, ethernet and wireless networking standards (802.3, 802.11, BLE/Zigbee), various communication protocols (PCIe, USB, SPI, I2C, UART)
- Proficient with schematic capture and PCB layout tools (Cadence OrCAD and Allegro preferred)
- Experience with hardware lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic/protocol analyzers) to debug electrical circuits
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills that involves influencing multiple functional groups.
- Fundamental knowledge of HW design principles: signal integrity, power design, component selection
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Local candidates only.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information:
Individuals seeking employment at CommScope Ruckus are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To all recruitment agencies: CommScope Ruckus does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and/or individual recruiters without a signed agreement. Ruckus Wireless will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted through this site, to Ruckus Wireless employees or contractors.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.