Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As a Systems Engineer Intern, you will be responsible for the timely and complete delivery of iTRACS Software deployments within Mid to Large Tier Data Center and Facilities/Building Systems environments. The Systems Engineer utilizes a diverse knowledge of 3D Modeling, Database extraction/translation/load (ETL), Data Center infrastructure design and excellent knowledge of the iTRACS software. You will work closely with team members to learn and implement the iTRACS Software within Customer environments.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Software and Data Transformation, including iTRACS application model construction and configuration. The software and data transformation, including iTRACS application integration responsibility involves extracting customer data (spreadsheets, one-line power diagrams or from existing software database applications), translating into an iTRACS-configured format and loading into the iTRACS software model. This process may also involve interpreting and programming VBScript, ETL tool configuration and/or Excel macros.
- Supporting iTRACS internal and external customers involves answering questions and assisting with problem solving, along with conducting large scale and multiple-month iTRACS implementations. In addition, as an expert in the iTRACS software, the role may serve to conduct internal and external knowledge transfers as well as collaborate with the Software Development organization on product enhancements to improve the Customer experience and/or the efficiency of the deployment of the iTRACS software platform.
- Engage with Customers and internal resources to conduct installation and implementation services throughout the engagement lifecycle.
- Develop 3D models from CAD, Revit and/or pictures of structural and physical infrastructure components. These models are built from 3D/2D CAD drawings, Revit files and onsite pictures.
- Utilizing ETL,Excel macros and MS SQL scripts to efficiently manipulate and convert physical and logical customer infrastructure data into a properly formatted DCIM CSV files.
- Import iTRACS-configured .XLS and/or flat files, and create and configure iTRACS product Libraries, Reports, Dictionaries and Classes within iTRACS database.
- Build/customize customer database, create customer-specific dashboards and reports.
- Perform collateral duties that may include quality assurance and the design or modification of customer training programs and documentation.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s student in Engineering from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
You Will Excite Us If You
- Proficient in utilizing ETL tools
- Proficient in utilizing SQL Scripts
- Have experience with or knowledge of the following regarding to Data Centers:
- Physical and Network Design/Layout
- Data Center Space, Power and Network Connectivity
- Electrical Power Chains
- Move/Add/Change process workflows
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.