CommScope is seeking an Engineering Intern to join our team in Claremont, NC!
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As an Engineering Intern, you will be involved with several projects and activities pertaining to the development and support of fiber optic cable. You will work closely with the R&D Engineers and Technicians to advance the development projects to which you are assigned and to learn and assist with other activities that our team is responsible for.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Contributing as a team member for one or more development projects
- Learning how to test fiber optic cable and assisting the Test Lab with qualification activities
- Creating technical documentation
- Analyzing data and providing the statistical information needed
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s student in Engineering from an accredited university. Preferred Engineering majors are Materials, Mechanical, Chemical.
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
You Will Excite Us If You
- Have interest in recognizing problems and implementing solutions
- Have Microsoft Office skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Have a balanced skill set for both hands-on and data analysis/reporting activities
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.