Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are looking for a highly talented staff engineer as part of core Wireless Services and Data Plane group. You will be working on cutting-edge wireless access services, protocols and standards. You will be developing next-gen carrier-grade, cloud enabled wireless Access point to enable carrier, enterprise and multiple vertical networks to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services.
- Working with different functional architects to define architecture and design
- Technical contact point for features clarification Software architecture, design, development, coding and code reviews to advance Data plane features, services and protocols.
- Working closely with software, QA and support engineers and project management to ship high quality AP Software design with modularity, maintainability and serviceability that can be leveraged across multiple product lines based on different hardware architecture.
- BS/MS in CS/EE and 8+years of experience.
- Good expertise in Linux networking and concepts
- Strong programming experiences in C and embedded C on resource constraint platforms and real-time operating systems of ARM and PPC architecture.
- Good team player .
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Expert in Linux kernel, Networking, protocols, packet forwarding, bridging and data plane services. Expert in Linux kernel internals, debugging and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of different data plane architecture like OpenDP, DPDK, Openflow, VPP, etc is desirable
- Good understanding of processor architectures like ARM and iX86 architectures and their software dependencies in Linux will be value add
- Good exposure and understanding of Linux memory management, scheduling and performance Strong systematic problem solving and analytical skills
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.