CommScope is seeking an Electrical Engineering Intern to join our team in Horsham, PA.
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As an Electrical Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for the design, test, and support of Outside Plant CATV products. You will work closely with engineers in various disciplines including RF/Optics, Mechanical, Product Assurance, and Test to bring new products to market while supporting the current product portfolio.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Partnering with senior-level engineers to help them with Design and test of RF amplifiers and Optical nodes.
- Assist in improving existing designs to enhance product performance, quality, and cost.
- Assist in analyzing product-level issues, troubleshoot and determine the root cause.
- Assist in creating and writing test plans and specifications.
- Initiate, execute and report on results as required.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
You Will Excite Us If You
- Are in a field of study that includes RF or microwave design and or Fiber optics design
- Have experience with Test automation or Firmware development
- Have experience with modeling using Pspice, Genesys or other RF simulation software’s
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.