CommScope is seeking an Electrical Engineering Intern to join our team in Catawba, NC.
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As an Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for designing and testing products used for RF signal transmission. You will work closely with the engineering, operations, quality, and procurement organizations to bring new products to market while supporting the current product portfolio.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Implements research and laboratory evaluations of RF components including amps, splitters, DC couplers, terminators, Power Suppliers, etc.
- Follow established test methods and project timelines per the project manager schedule. Documents work time in company established data (i.e. Planview).
- Effectively communicates work with senior staff engineer (s) project team including PLM both in writing and verbally.
- Candidate must work effectively in a team environment but also independently as required with effective time management and project focus.
- Follows PRD and industry/customer specifications and test methods to accurately gauge and measure/report the performance of DUT.
- Summarizes test results in the required Test Report format using Excel, Word, and Quality tools such as Minitab.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s student in (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering) from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
You Will Excite Us If You
- Have experience in PCB Design and Circuitry Experience
- Familiarity for 75 ohm/CATV Broadband Systems
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.