This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are looking for a Director of Hardware Engineering to lead a team of Engineers for the design, implementation and release to production of our existing and new Small Cell products. You will manage a team of 10 to 20 Engineers responsible for the design of small cell 4G and 5G RAN products. The disciplines include digital design, rf design, mechanical design and diagnostic software design. This is an opportunity to impact a market leading product portfolio in the 5G space.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 10 to 20 engineers developing high speed digital communication products from architecture, to design, testing, manufacturing, and deployment.
- Hire/retain/mentor design engineers.
- Plan, manage and track schedules and resources for multiple programs.
- Oversee and contribute hardware architecture for RAN radio products.
- Review and oversight of highspeed digital board level design with: SERDES, OCXO PLL, multiple power rails, Ethernet, DRAM and other circuits.
- Review and oversight of 3GPP compliant radios from 600MHz to 40GHz
- Ensure hardware development process is followed and all reviews and artifacts are created and stored.
- Manage software engineers in the definition & implementation of diagnostic software to be use for engineering qualification of the hardware, as well as, for use in factory test.
Education & Experience:
- BS in engineering discipline and 8+ years of managing hardware engineers
- Experience leading a team of 5 or more engineers in development from initial concepts thru release and support into high volume manufacturing
- Experience with physical layer communications standards
- Experience with 4G and 5G radio design.
- Experience with high speed board level digital design and SoC implementation; copper and optical ethernet interfaces to 25Gb, board level power supply design
- Strong architectural understanding of system design in communications platforms
- Ability to translate product requirements into detailed engineering requirements
- Understanding of system timing requirements
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for wireless physical layer; Multi Core SoCs (System on Chip) for Telecomm RF applications; and Xilinx Ultrascale+ MPSoC
- Master degree
- 3GPP 4G and 5G physical layer experience
- FPGA design experience highly
- Knowledge of: C; C++; Linux Device Drivers development; TCP/ UDP IP and network protocols, Ethernet
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.