CommScope is seeking an Automation Engineering Intern to join our team in Shakopee, MN.
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As an Automation Engineering Intern in Shakopee, MN, you will be responsible for equipment and process development projects. You will work closely with the Global Manufacturing Engineering team to assist with the introduction of new Fiber Optic products into production and improving current production processes.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Innovating creative production methods and equipment to improve our global production capabilities
- Designing of mechanical systems and micron-precision tools using 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks and Rapidly prototyping designs with 3D printing
- Collaborating with R&D, manufacturing, controls, and process engineering peers to implement projects for global production
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s student in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
You Will Excite Us If:
- You bring a consultative, creative and process-driven approach to your work
- You enjoy working together with global teams in a different time zone and varying cultures
- Your problem-solving skills enable you to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
- You demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- You show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.