This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Principal 5G Systems Engineer in Richardson TX
- Establish OTA Test Strategy for complete E2E 5G mMIMO testing; FR1 compliance. Work with internal development team to implement this test strategy.
- Work with customer and external partners to establish E2E test plans. Lead development and implementation of those plans with internal teams.
- Work with product development team to establish beamforming calibration strategy for mMIMOs.
- Work with Software team based in China to automate calibration and OTA tests.
- Develop a test setup to measure MIMO gain, Throughput etc over different channels (fading) scenarios to perform qualitative tests on passive basestation antennas.
- Manage and oversee Near Field ranges located in all 3 regions: US, China, and India.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of twelve (12) years direct experience. Master of Science or PhD in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience in sub-6 active/passive mMIMO Antenna systems including calibration algorithms.
- Experience designing Remote Radio Heads or Remote Radio Units for 4G or 5G systems
- Experience in active and adaptive beamforming RF systems.
- Understanding of receiver and transmitter functional blocks and capabilities including antennas, power amplifiers, filters, duplexers, oscillators, frequency converters, modulators, and demodulators.
- Wide range of experience in RF system phased array and/or beamforming simulation and analysis using Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, MatLab, and Simulink.
- Experience in link budget analysis, chain analysis, EVM analysis, and throughput analysis.
- Experience in analyzing high level system requirements to extract block level hardware and software level requirements.
- Understanding of transmitter and receiver impairments including sources of thermal noise, phase noise, non-linearities, PIM, group delay, intermodulation, spurious and simulation of impairment impact.
- Understanding of wireless receiver and transmitter architectures, antennas, and devices.
- Knowledge of wireless infrastructure architectures and air interface standards including LTE and HSPA.
- Skilled in thorough documentation of requirements and architectures and presentation of radio architecture concepts.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.