This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Principal Systems Engineer in Lowell, MA
Job Description: As a member of the Systems Engineering team you will involve in defining detailed technical requirements and to achieve continued architectural and quality excellence in our small cell products. This is a highly technical position requiring in depth technical engagements and not high level approaches.
- Work with Product Marketing team and customers to converge on product requirements.
- Work with Engineering teams to define detailed Engineering requirements and system-level design, as well as providing architectural expertise and guidance.
- Perform theoretical analysis, simulations and define algorithms for current and future features of our LTE and 5G small cell products.
- As the Program Technical Lead, interface with customers on all technical matters of lab trials, friendly user testing and deployments.
- Engage with customers on explaining technical details of our products and propose solutions for customer specific requirements.
- Work with cross functional teams and lead technical activities for customer trials and deployments.
- Work with verification teams on devising and reviewing test plans.
- Propose new, creative solutions for tough, system-wide problems.
- Produce white papers and technical documents for customers and for internal teams.
- Review and provide feedback on technical documents written throughout the organization.
- Continually evaluate, influence and advance internal design efforts to improve product development processes and ensure carrier-class quality.
- Participate in industrial forums and standard bodies and represent Commscope objectives.
- Participate in academic conferences.
- Ph.D in Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5 years of industrial experience or Masters Degree in EE or a related field with 8 years or Bachelors Degree in EE or a related field with with 12 years
- Broad knowledge of systems engineering concepts (definition and analysis for requirements, performance, capacity, availability, reliability, scalability, etc)
- Proven expertise of LTE and 5G technologies and standards.
- Expertise in at least one or a few other wireless technologies: 5G, 3GPP standards, wifi, etc.
- Strong theoretical background in wireless communications.
- Demonstrated ability to mathematically analyze complex problems and to propose solutions for complex problem with considerations of performance, scalability and correctness.
- Expertise in simulation techniques and tools
- Expertise in network protocols and architecting networking aspects of a carrier-class platform.
- Experience in designing and developing large-scale systems a plus.
- Experience in analyzing and responding to market requirements, RFIs, etc.
- Experience with system level testing and performance evaluation of wireless systems and familiarity with related tools.
- Standards contribution and participation a definite plus.
- Practical experience with designing the 5TH generation wireless solutions a definite plus.
- Demonstrated leadership in building technical consensus across varied, interdependent groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.