Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Systems Performance Engineer in Lowell MA
Summary: As a member of the System Performance team, you will be responsible for testing, measuring and improving the system performance and customer experience of our small cell products. More specifically, you will work on Live Air Verification (LAV) activities to define test plans, execute end to end test cases and perform analysis of the data to qualify and improve the performance and quality of new 4G LTE, 5G NR SW and HW releases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define Test strategy, Test plans and perform Live Air Verification (LAV) tests and KPI benchmarking for new SW and HW releases of CommScope 4G, 5G small cell products
- SW upgrades, HW installation, cabling and commissioning of LAV network
- End to end network bring up and maintenance of the LAV network including RAN, Switches, Routers, EPC, Security Gateway, Application servers and UEs.
- Testing, Validation and optimization of new algorithms and features in a SW release
- Execute the LAV test plan and KPI benchmarking plan as per the agreed upon SW and HW release schedule
- Operational measurements (OM), KPI and debug log analysis of LAV data to get to RCA of issues.
- Perform RF and parameter optimization tests and analysis to drive KPI improvements
- Review product, feature requirements and provide feedback to engineering team.
- Review and provide feedback on technical documents written throughout the organization.
- Continually evaluate, influence and advance LAV to improve testing and analysis processes and deliver carrier grade products to customers.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- A completed Bachelors Degree is required, preferably in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of experience working through system performance testing and product development life cycle of 4G LTE, 5G NR products at infrastructure OEM or LTE, 5G NR chipset vendors
- Proven track record of performing end-to-end testing, troubleshooting and solving complex real world 4G LTE and/or 5G NR network and handset issues
- Subject matter expertise in end-to-end testing of LTE small cell or macro cell networks
- Good working knowledge of 4G LTE, 5G NR technology and 3GPP standards
- Broad knowledge in understanding the interaction of small cell and macro cellular networks
- Hands on experience and expertise with wireless data collection tools like QXDM, Wireshark, XCAL, NEMO, etc and lab equipment such as spectrum analyzer.
- Experience with post processing tools like QCAT, XCAP, Windcatecher, Actix etc.
- Expertise in IP and related technologies including IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC, Routing protocols, Networking protocols, Security Protocols, SIP and working with switches, routers etc.
- Expert-level understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and user experience metrics
- Experience with scripting languages like TCL, Perl, Python for test automation preferred
- Hands on expertise and experience with OAM of cellular networks using Element Management Systems (EMS) preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, self-starter, strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team environment
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.