Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Senior Hardware Design Engineer in Lowell MA
Job Description: Carrying out and/or oversight of extensive design and design modifications to product hardware.
- Based on product requirements, produce high level design for the product. Implementation the high level design in detail with appropriate simulation.
- Create schematic and work closely with PCB layout person to ensure a robust functional board.
- Create Design Verification Test (DVT) test to ensure all product feature and functionality operate of all operating conditions and execute DVT plan on multiple units
- Determine root cause and modification needed for all issues found in DVT.
- Work with Operations to ensure DFM guidelines are met and the product is released to Manufacturing.
- Work with Quality to ensure Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) requirements are met.
- Debug and evaluation of field RMA failures and factory test data related to product yield and return rate improvement.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have experience with all aspects of PCB design and production release including functional specifications, schematics capture, layout design and constraints, DFM implementation, and testing for design verification (DVT)
- Experience with board technologies must include Microprocessors, Memories (DDR2/3/4 and NAND FLASH) and Ethernet switch with PoE+/++
- Must have hands-on experience with the operation of logic analyzers, high speed oscilloscopes, and thermal chambers
- Minimum BSEE with 10+ years of relevant experience in Digital Hardware design for PCBs.
Additional Desired Skills:
- FPGA RTL design for devices of 200Kgate or larger is a plus.
- Experience in FPGA circuit designs which interface to cellular or wireless RFICs is a plus
- Good communication skills and be able to work in a team with other hardware design engineers and Diagnostic Engineers is a must
- Capability to enhance debug with Xilinx ChipScope is desired
Travel Requirements: None
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.