This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is a global innovator in IP, video and broadband technology. Our team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to create entertainment and communication solutions that are personalized and mobile. At CommScope, we are constantly redefining connectivity to power a smarter, simpler, more connected world. Commscope customers include service providers (cable, broadband, telco, satellite), commercial verticals, small enterprises, and the people they serve. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
Our growing team is looking for a Hardware QA Engineer to work with our Cable Access and Transport Equipment team in Wallingford, CT.
- The candidate will be responsible for system level testing of Commscope designed products.
- The candidate must have basic knowledge of CATV Access and Transport equipment including fiber nodes, fiber optic transmitters, Optical Receivers, and RF Amplifiers.
- A working knowledge of test equipment is essential, including matrix generators, QAM genrators, cable TV analyzers, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, BER Testers, and NPR boxes.
- The candidate should have basic knowledge of cable modems and CMTS systems operation (such as E6000).
- The candidate will be required to create test reports documenting results, and should be very familiar with Word and Excel.
To perform the job successfully, we are looking for candidates with B.S. with at least 2-5 years of experience with RF, Fiber Optic, or CATV required
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.