As a System Architect, you will help define the high-level system architecture to support future needs of our 5G Radio Access Network products. You will work with Product Line Management and Business Development organizations to understand the business use cases for our products. You will work with the Systems Engineering and Development Engineering team, to translate the system architecture to product release requirements and hardware and software architectures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand wireless technology trends, and identify future, differentiated product features that capitalize on those trends.
- Work with Product Line Management and Business Development to understand future business use cases for the markets our products serve.
- Analyze the Impact of long-lead time features to the current architecture
- Perform trade-off analyses of competing architectural approaches
- Work with Systems Engineering and Development Engineering to determine the best approach for evolving the system architecture to incorporate future features and capabilities
- The position may require definition of detailed system and feature requirements.
- Review and provide feedback on technical documents written throughout the organization.
- Master's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, Data Communications or a related field with 10+ years of experience. Experienced engineers with Bachelor's degrees and higher years of experience may be considered.
- Broad knowledge of architectural concepts (e.g., extensibility, scalability, resilience, performance)
- Broad, end-to-end, knwledge of one or more cellular wireless technologies
- Work at the system and/or software architecture level in a leadership position
- Data communications product development experience at the protocol level
- Wireless radio access network architecture and/or development experience (e.g LTE eNodeB or 5G gNodeB, 5G being preferred)
- Evidence of innovation and creativity
- Demonstrated initiative
- Strong analytic skills
- Experience with virtualized systems based on VMs and/or containers
- Hands-on software development experience.
- Experience analyzing and solving complex real-world platform, protocol, security and/or networking issues
- Experience in IP and related technologies including IPv4, IPv6, Routing protocols, Networking protocols, Security Protocols, etc.
- Familiarity with modern processor and programmable logic technologies, such as Intel Architecture, ARM, DSPs, etc.