Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
AT Optical Nodes and RF Engineering
Optics/RF Engineer Job Description
The AT Engineering organization is part of the Broadband Networks Segment.
The AT product portfolio covers all Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) infrastructure products, including Optical Headend, Optical Nodes, RF active/passive products and RF over Glass (RFoG) products, including Optical Network Units (ONU)/Multi Dwelling Units(MDU’s).
A 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline from an accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable foreign university, or currently employed by Commscope in an exempt, non-managerial engineering position, plus a minimum of 2+ years of engineering experience.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- RF and Optical circuit design engineer supporting several RF and/or fiber optic projects.
- Position requires simulation, modeling, breadbording and prototype evaluation of RF and Digital circuitry used in RF amplifiers and fiber optic transmitters and receivers.
- Knowledge of broadband RF components commericially available and its usage.
- Knowledge of RF circuit design for use in both 50ohm and 75ohm systems and in the range of 1MHz to 1.5GHz.
- Knowledge of impendance matching, filter design and low noise amplifier designs
- Knowledge of digital communications IC’s and micro’s preferred.
- Establishes requirements and complete all phases of moderately complex RF and optical design projects.
- Responsible for generating schematics, Bills of Material (BOMs), and Design Verification (DVT) test plans and results.
- Laboratory experience with network and spectrum analyzers, measurements including frequency response, return loss, noise figure, non-linear distortion, signal to noise ratio, bit error rate, modulation error ratio, optical modulation index, and thermal analysis.
- Experience working with cross functional design teams comprised of mechanical, electrical, test, and operations engineers
- Makes recommendations to inter-disciplinary team to enhance performance and improve production quality.
- May develop new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of problems.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with other engineering disciplines and other ARRIS functions, such as project management, product management and supply chain.
- Knowledge of Hybrid-Fiber-Coax networks.
- Knowledge of analog and digital fiber optic 1310 and 1550 nm systems including CWDM and DWDM networks.
- Knowledge of electrical design theory
- Knowledge of circuit analysis and modeling tools
- Knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Knowledge of software’s such as Keysight Genesys, Office, Agile, Oracle, SharePoint.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle models
- Familiarity with industry and government standards; Telcordia, ANSI, FCC and UL.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork attitude and skills
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.