Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Commscope is hiring an NPI Engineer in Lowell MA. While the preference is for this role to be based out of Lowell MA, we are also open to hiring this person in Richardson TX or work Virtually out of Boston MA area,
CommScope’s New Product Introduction – North America (NPI) Team is responsible for the deployment of CRAN Small Cell solutions to wireless operators and channel partners. The NPI Team works with CommScope’s North American customers in order to develop product verification strategies and deploy CommScope’s small cell solution in early lab trials, pre-commercial trials, qualification and First Office Applications (FOA) in commercial networks.
This NPI Position will focus on CommScope’s OneCell Solution. The NPI Engineer will be responsible for working with CommScope’s engineering teams in order to drive optimal deployment requirements into the design and then take these solutions to CommScope customers for lab trials and initial deployments.
- Drive deployment requirements for CommScope’s OneCell solution with CommScope’s Product Management and Engineering Teams.
- Collaborate with the technical leads from CommScope’s Customers to drive solution requirements for Lab Trials, Early Market Trials, and FOAs.
- Collaborate with CommScope Product Management and Engineering to ensure that the operator requirements meets CommScope Design
- Define all requirements for the Installation of CommScope’s Equipment in the Operator’s Lab and Commercial Network.
- Develop solution verification test plan to be executed at the Operator’s facility.
- Develop Project Execution Plan in order to validate CommScope’s Solution in the time frames required.
- Execute the Verification Plan with the Operator.
- Work with CommScope Engineering to resolve issues identified during the solution verification.
- Obtain Acceptance of the solution from the Operator.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related curriculum with 5+ years relevant experience or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related curriculum, with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proven record of designing and deploying telecommunications operator solutions.
- Detailed knowledge of common Telecommunication Protocols such as SIP, TR-069, SSL/TLS, LDAP, Radius, SOAP/XML .
- Detailed knowledge of IP Protocols including IPv4, IPv6, IPSEC, routing protocols and network protocols.
- Familiarity of 3GPP and 3GPP2 standards and best practices.
- Exceptional customer service attitude and outstanding communication skills.
- Self-starter and driven by high quality results with solid technical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work across multiple organizations both internal and external and work in a team environment.
- Ability to identify and communicate risks to stakeholders, defines risk mitigation strategies, and facilitates appropriate solutions
- Location is flexible; 50% Travel Required
- Experience and Knowledge of deploying Small Cells or Indoor wireless solutions is desired.
- Experience in LTE deployments and SON concepts are desired.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.