This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Sr Engineer Manufacturing Automation in Shakopee, MN
You have passion for inventing and innovating new equipment and automated processes as a solution for improving efficiency in manufacturing processes on a global scale which drives future success of the company.
Does this sound like you?
If you are a mechanical engineer with experience in semi-automated machine design to control global manufacturing processes, we have the perfect opportunity for you. You are a subject matter expert and able to combine multiple engineering disciplines in the development of new manufacturing technology solutions. The perfect candidate has been a process or manufacturing engineer in previous roles using a combination of PLC, motion control, statistical analysis in feasibility setups or production equipment.
You'll Make an Impact By:
- Innovating with R&D and Manufacturing teams to develop creative production methods and equipment to improve our global production capabilities
- Contributing to the intellectual property portfolio through trade secrets, patents and invention disclosures that have immediate or future potential benefit to the company
- Collaborating with manufacturing, controls and process engineering peers as an expert providing technical knowledge and experience to ensure successful implementation
- Designing mechanical systems using 3D modelling software such as SolidWorks or Creo to debug and deploy automated manufacturing solutions in fiber optic production locations
- Analysing production and feasibility test data to determine project feasibility and equipment capability
- Developing Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) requirements for new products to align with assembly in a semi-automated manufacturing environment
- Leading and mentoring a team of multidisciplinary engineers to meet project requirements, timelines and budget into successful project completion.
You will excite us if...
- You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box; turning ideas into transformational solutions that exemplify our global production capabilities
- You have experience with Fiber Optics or milli-meter size products
- You are a certified Green or Black belt
- You can design and program PLC or PC-based control systems or are familiar with it
- You bring a consultative, creative and process driven approach to your work
- You enjoy working together with global teams in a different time zone and varying cultures
- You have an aptitude for handling multiple concurrent demands and prioritizing responsibilities in a fast paced, high energy environment
- Your problem-solving skills enable you to effectively and creatively find solutions for hard problems while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or similar degree program, with 8+ years of experience in Mechanical tooling and automation systems design using 3D modelling software such as SolidWorks or Creo or similar, related experience
- Or Masters’ degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or similar degree program, with 5+ years of experience in Mechanical tooling and automation systems design using 3D modelling software such as SolidWorks or Creo or similar, related experience
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
- You are proficient with current MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- You have the ability to assess the capability of measurement tools and production systems
- Management aspirations
- You are able to develop and deploy assembly and process equipment and automation systems for production of small components.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable collaboration with the global organization.
- You are an Engineer who can play a leading role in the engineering team
- You use data analysis, benchmarking and other user testing to make sound content decisions
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.