Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a Technical Support (Electrical Engineer II) to join our team in Richardson, Texas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to internal personnel, including sales, project managers, business development, and engineering, as well as external customers, including Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) value added resellers (VARs), distributors, partners, and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
- Provide end-to-end issue resolution support.
- Meet or exceed Distributed Coverage and Capacity Systems (DCCS) scorecard. performance targets and customer Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Assist customers with installations and upgrades and provide on-site project support to troubleshoot issues.
- Use trouble ticket tool to submit, update, and track resolution of customer issues, and create a documented closed loop for each customer issue and compliant.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) and work closely with R&D and Product Line Management (PLM) prior to launch of new products or software, including pre-testing software and products in the technical support lab.
- Work with quality to open quality notifications for widespread or frequent issues.
- Collaborate with quality, manufacturing, PLM, and R&D in root cause analysis (RCA), including opening tickets to track actions stemming from RCA analysis.
- Participate in the DCCS customer helpline pool to resolve customer issues.
- Assist customers with active DAS designs for product only sale, including VISIO and iBWAVE.
- Work with R&D and quality to improve the customer experience and ease of use for DCCS products.
- Provide feedback on usability and robustness improvements.
- Open products tickets with PLM and R&D including proposed solutions.
- Work with technical writers to provide customer delivered documents.
- Review customer deliverable documents from PLM, design, and technical writers.
- Up to 20% travel (primarily within US).
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Telecom Engineering, Optical Engineering, or a closely related field, and two (2) years of experience providing Wireless product technical support preferably for DAS; or a master’s degree.
- Experience in each of the following is recommended:
- Testing and optimization of commercial deployments of LTE
- Testing and optimization of commercial deployments of GSM, CDMA, and UMTS
- Working for or directly with Tier 1 wireless carriers
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with over-the-air repeaters
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with passive DAS
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with optical DAS
- Hands-on experience with UNIX shell commands and scripting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Detail oriented individual with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities / time with competing demands.
Nice to have qualifications:
- Experience with ERP like SAP
- Familiarly with customer CRM tool or ticketing system
- Experience with Networking. CCNA background is nice to have
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.