Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible to support, from a quality perspective, new product development projects for an Inside Plant Fiber product under the Venue and Campus Networks segment. You will work closely with the quality, engineering, operations, product line management, and project management organizations to have a successful product launch into a manufacturing site.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete quality deliverables (control plan, packaged product review or retrospective review) for assigned product development projects, as required.
- Lead the resolution of a design related customer or internal complaint to determine proper root cause and corrective/preventive actions.
- Collect and perform comparative analysis on key performance parameters for an Inside Plant Fiber product manufactured in multiple plants.
- Review and analyze customer complaint data, including no trouble founds, to identify repetitive issues, common root causes and trends to help drive reduction on overall complaints.
- Verify design related complaints are coded correctly in SAP and follow up with site operations quality as needed.
- Refresh non-conformance report (NCR) report on a weekly basis.
- Follow up on open NCRs and drive reduction of backlog.
- Review and analyze NCRs to identify repetitive failure modes and trends by product family found during validation testing.
- Assist to prepare presentations for monthly and quarterly quality reviews.
- Update Temporary Quality Wall (TQW) reporting.
- Update Quality Monitoring Program spreadsheet and metrics.
- Update Packaged Product Review (PPR) metrics.
- Support ongoing special quality projects as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Associate's degree in related curriculum such as QA with at least 2 years' related work experience or Bachelor's degree in Engineering completed by June 2020.
- Must have a basic understanding of quality concepts, statistical analysis, problem solving and process improvement techniques, root cause analysis, 8D methodology, failure mode and effect analysis and control plans.
- Possess a high-energy level, strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Show innovation through unique ideas and is self-driven.
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.