This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Director, ICX Hardware Engineering
Ruckus Network's wired switch (ICX) hardware engineering team is looking for passionate people to help us design the next-generation switches based on the Distributed Chassis Architecture. With the recent merge of wireless and wired teams, it offers a unique career opportunity to take advantage of work with the latest network technologies and talented engineers solving some of the most complex problems in the industry. For this role, we are looking for a Director of Engineering to oversee the ICX Switch Hardware Development team. You will be responsible for the ICX product line, directly managing an internal team who will leverage “virtual” ODM teams in Taiwan. You will ultimately be accountable for hardware schedules, performance and quality.
- Lead the ICX Switch Hardware Development team.
- Work with PLM and software leads to architect new products according to the product roadmap.
- Responsible for merchant silicon ICs (MAC, PHY, CPU, etc.) selection for enterprise/DC/SP market, transceivers (optics, high-speed copper, and AOC, etc.) beyond 100Gbps, PoE technology (902.3af/at/bt), Synchronous Ethernet, precision timing technology strategies.
- Define architecture and draft engineering hardware requirement documents (HRDs) based on product-level requirements including CPU and switching systems. Work with Supply Chain leadership to award projects to ODM partners in Taiwan. Negotiate terms, schedules, resources, and test plans.
- Track and influence semiconductor vendor roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key ODM partners, understand their strengths and challenges.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for the wired switch hardware design with ODM partners to guide them throughout the entire product from concept to production.
- Propose innovative features for product differentiation.
- Manage accessories roadmap and verify interoperability across products.
- Propose and implement hardware specific and cross-functional development processes.
- Dive into and take ownership of critical design issues and escalations.
- Occasional travel to Asia.
- Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- 15+ years managing hardware engineering teams.
- Deep expertise in Ethernet switching and related technology (high-speed PHYs, optical transceivers, high-speed circuit design, etc.).
- Proven track record of delivering product to overseas production.
- Familiarity with all phases of hardware development, including architecture, design, development, integration and test.
- Experience with hands-on technical leadership
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Start-up attitude is essential.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.