Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
This position is responsible for working with cross functional teams to define, developed and launch new products or improve existing products. These fiber products support CHS, NCC, and the Heliax portfolio’s and growth requirements to meet industry demands, such as 5G.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of this position will be to support new product introduction (NPI). This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide technical direction to all phases of New Product Introduction (NPI) and ensure effective execution of projects according to required Product Development Policies (PDP), procedures and government regulations
- Coordinate with R&D and PLM to develop schedules, identify resource requirements, evaluate financials, implement capital requests and manufacturing plans, to ensure high quality, cost efficient, high-volume products.
- Maintain technical and process information on product specification drawings by analyzing current process for change, review new product specifications in order to reduce scrap, and minimize downtime.
- Perform pFMEA’s, value stream maps (VSM), process capability and thru-put-yield analysis on new products and processes.
- Structure and solve diverse range of complex problems.
- Manage project budgets and activities such that cost objectives and commitments meet targets and schedules.
- Write manufacturing test reports documenting the results of the product assembly process.
- Provide and maintain accurate, up-to-date work instructions and standard work documentation that is stored on a secure SharePoint site, to support the release of new and modified products and processes into manufacturing. Respond to customer requests for documentation updates.
- Generate Record of Inventions for innovations and pursue intellectual property protection.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering and five (5) years of experience is required
- Experience must involve two (2) years of experience with: terminating fiber optic connectors, including optical and electrical testing; epoxy and curing schedules; single fiber and multi-fiber polishing; and statistical and process capability analysis.
- Solid communication skills including excellent writing skills.
- Advanced Excel skills with knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Skilled at planning and ability to pay attention to details.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to travel internationally 20%
Strongly Desired Skills/Experience:
- Green/Black belt certified in Lean Six Sigma
- Experience with assembly & test of fiber optic connectors, cable assemblies, and closures
- Familiar with International and Domestic standards (TIA-EIA-568B, GR-326, IEC-61753, etc)
- SolidWorks/Creo experience
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Chinese
- General knowledge of wireless communication networks
- SAP experience
- Proficient in Visual Basic and SharePoint software
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.