This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The Company: Commscope
Commscope’s Venue and Campus segment incorporates Ruckus Network’s, which focuses on enabling wireless and wired connectivity across complex and varied networks. It offers dedicated engineering and Customer Service and Support resources to our customers across a spectrum of verticals including - hospitality, education, smart cities, government, venues, service providers and more.
Ruckus Networks Customer Support and Services (CSS) is in the process of enhancing our support for the SaaS cloud business customers by creating a small specialist team.
We are seeking a Staff Support Engineer to assist our rapidly growing customer base. The Engineer will possess excellent customer interaction skills along with problem-solving experience in Wireless 802.1x technology, including hands on experience on Routing/Switching/Security/Data Center Networking and debugging. As a primary role, a Staff Support Engineer needs to promptly troubleshoot, isolate the root cause and resolve our enterprise customers’ WIFI or Wired product issues within our SaaS cloud management environment. It is critical to work closely with engineering and DevOps on analysis and provide customer and internal management updates to senior technical and business executives.
- Willing to work in a small team and make a difference
- Interact with our customers to promptly troubleshoot and isolate to root cause and provide a resolution to customer issues
- Replicate customer problems in the Support lab
- Work closely with engineering
- Collaborate with DevOps to help build out backend tooling to improve TAC efficiency
- Provide on-going regular updates to sales, internal management and the customer on the progress of assigned cases
- Must have flexibility in work hours to work on customer issues
- Ensure client expectations are properly managed and that technical issues are resolved to the client's satisfaction in a timely manner
- Document customer and engineering interactions and technical action plans.
- Provide necessary updates to management and field teams for high profile technical escalations.
- Assist in development of knowledge articles and troubleshooting guides
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring
- Attend regular customer and internal conference calls for high profile cases and escalations
- Self-starter who is excited about technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and critical thinker
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer focus - an ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes
- 3+ years of experience working in a TAC
- 3+ years designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, troubleshooting, debugging and administering Wireless (and Wired) LAN products and technologies
- Experience working within a SaaS cloud environment
- Understanding of RF transmissions & antenna behavior
- An understanding of WLAN Security in the areas of authentication, encryption, RADIUS, AAA authentication, EAP, PSK, …
- Experience in Linux system administration
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP
- Experience working in a support lab environment for problem replication
- Experience documenting the sequence of events related to resolving customer technical issues.
- Proficient with analyzing data traces from protocol analyzers
The following experience will be considered favorably:
- BS/MS in a computer related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience or knowledge with LTE/EPC technology
- Experience working with opensource monitoring tools: Kibana, Sensu, …
Experience with scripting: bash, python,
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.