This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The AT Engineering organization is part of the Network and Cloud business unit within ARRIS, Inc. The AT portfolio covers all Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) infrastructure products, including Optical Headend, Optical Nodes, RF equipment and Supplies.
- RF and Optical circuit design engineer supporting several RF and/or fiber optic projects.
- Position requires simulation and modeling of RF circuitry used in amplifiers and fiber optic transmitters and receivers.
- Responsible for simulation, breadboarding and prototype evaluation of RF and digital circuitry.
- Experience with broadband RF components.
- Knowledge of digital communications IC’s and micro’s preferred.
- Laboratory experience with network and spectrum analyzers, measurement of noise and intermodulation distortion.
- Establishes requirements and complete all phases of moderately complex RF and optical design projects.
- Analyzes best approach to solving problems (innovation vs. re-use).
- Applies existing technology in new ways to improve performance and productivity.
- Considers latest technologies and new approaches to designs and implementation of the design.
- Reviews changes or upgrades to existing applications. Develops new technology to solve unique problems.
- Makes recommendations to inter-disciplinary team to enhance performance and improve production quality.
- May develop new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of problems.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with other engineering disciplines and other ARRIS functions, such as project management, product management and supply chain
- 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate engineering discipline from an accredited institution in the U.S.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.