This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As an Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for the support of a variety of manufacturing operations related to the manufacturing of metal components for the telecommunication industry.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Collaborating with experienced engineers to perform special projects including new product introduction, tooling design and implementation, time studies, setup reduction activities, and designing/developing creative solutions to implement those improvements.
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Self-motivated with leadership mentality, and strong demonstrated ability to adapt and quickly learn new processes
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
You Will Excite Us If You
- Have classroom knowledge or experience of implementing process improvements, conducting root cause analysis, or performing engineering design changes into manufacturing
- You are dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- You are people-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- You are detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- You are achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- You are autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Thrive in a high-pressure environment and possess a high stress tolerance
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.