Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are recruiting for a Principal RF Design Engineer to join our team in Richardson, Texas.
Design of beamforming and MIMO radio transceivers and circuit blocks for 3G/4G and developing 5G systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Conduct high level design, simulation, and detailed design of wireless product RF/mmWave section including active RF electronics and passive RF structures based on the RF subassembly requirements and RP architecture including power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, oscillators, distributed and lumped filters, upconverters, downconverters, quadrature modulators and demodulators, RF switches, duplexers, matching circuits, phase shifter circuits, DC power conversion, sequencing, and digital control functions.
- Conduct circuit analyses and simulation of passive and active circuits using Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, and HFSS to ensure compliance with requirements accounting for variations in device behavior, temperature, and power supply.
- Conduct component research and selection based on defined architecture and supporting subassembly requirements while minimizing cost, power consumption, size, and weight.
- Conduct RF prototype circuit and device evaluations to determine fit into RP design.
- Conduct schematic capture, define PCB requirements and stack-up, coordinate PCB physical dimensioning, define optimum component placement, and support PCB layout.
- Conduct engineering and DVT testing of subassemblies to ensure the functionality and performance requirements are met. Verify circuit characteristics including S-parameters, phase noise, noise figure, intermodulation, and EVM using network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, noise figure analyzers, arbitrary waveform generators, vector signal analyzers, and power meters.
- Support top assembly integration to ensure full functionality and performance at the RP level.
- Define sub-assembly DVT, engineering test, and production test requirements and coordinate with test engineers to develop appropriate test systems.
- Support top assembly engineering test, DVT, and qualification and certification testing.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Completed Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of twelve (12) years direct experience in RF Design Engineering OR a completed Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of eight (8) years of direct experience in RF Design Engineering
- Extensive experience in cellular MIMO and mmWave RF circuit design and layout.
- Detailed understanding of receiver and transmitter functional blocks and capabilities including power amplifiers, filters, duplexers, oscillators, frequency converters, modulators, and demodulators, RF switches, matching circuits, and phase shifter circuits.
- Experience in behavioral and circuit simulation using Microwave Office, Keysight ADS and distributed circuit element and transition simulation using HFSS.
- Understanding of transmitter and receiver impairments including sources of thermal noise, phase noise, non-linearities, PIM, group delay, intermodulation, spurious and simulation of EVM and impairment impact.
- Understanding of microwave and mmW receiver and transmitter architectures and devices including discretes, MMICs, and RFICs in packaged, wafer scale, or flip chip mounting configurations.
- Experience in design of distributed circuits including couplers, matching circuits, bias tees, and edge-coupled filters using multiple transmission line techniques including microstrip and coplanar waveguide across multiple substrate types including PCB and ceramic.
- Skilled in thorough documentation of detailed design, analysis, and test results and presentation of design concept and test results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Solid knowledge of wireless infrastructure architectures and air interface standards including LTE and HSPA is preferred.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.