This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are recruiting for a Principal Wireless Hardware Systems Engineer to join our team in Richardson, Texas.
Development of beamforming and MIMO radio system architectures and antenna array systems for existing 3G/4G wireless standards and developing 5G systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Define and capture wireless product performance, interfaces, and environmental requirements. Interpret wireless standards to formulate product requirements.
- Define the product architecture and partition functions to sub-assemblies. Optimize functional partitioning between DSP, mixed signal, and RF sub-sections.
- Allocate and document the requirements of product sub-assemblies.
- Conduct analyses and simulations to ensure and validate that the architecture definition will be compliant to product requirements.
- Conduct analysis and simulation of RF, MIMO, and beamforming behavior from baseband through the antenna and wireless link using Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, MatLab, and SimuLink. Conduct chain analysis to optimize parametric distribution and RF impairment analysis to ensure system dynamic range and channel fidelity. Perform link budget analysis to appropriately scale power amplifier and antenna characteristics.
- Conduct trade studies and analyses to optimize product cost, size, weight, and power consumption while meeting requirements with adequate margin for high yield in production.
- Define the product DVT, engineering test, and production test requirements and coordinate with test engineers to develop appropriate test systems.
- In coordination with product design engineers, develop and maintain product cost, size, weight, and power consumption estimates for the RP.
- Define regulatory, standards, and environmental qualification requirements and coordinate with quality organization to conduct product qualification and certification testing.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering with a minimum of twelve (12) years direct experience or a completed Master's degree with eight (8) years of direct experience
- Understanding of receiver and transmitter functional blocks and capabilities including antennas, power amplifiers, filters, duplexers, oscillators, frequency converters, modulators, and demodulators.
- Wide range of experience in RF system phased array and/or beamforming simulation and analysis using Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, MatLab, and Simulink.
- Experience in link budget analysis, chain analysis, EVM analysis, and throughput analysis.
- Experience in analyzing high level system requirements to extract block level hardware and software level requirements.
- Understanding of transmitter and receiver impairments including sources of thermal noise, phase noise, non-linearities, PIM, group delay, intermodulation, spurious and simulation of impairment impact.
- Understanding of wireless receiver and transmitter architectures, antennas, and devices.
- Knowledge of wireless infrastructure architectures and air interface standards including LTE and HSPA.
- Skilled in thorough documentation of requirements and architectures and presentation of radio architecture concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.