Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Ruckus Networks a CommScope company is seeking a Principal Software QA engineer who is passionate about making pioneer smart Wi-Fi products. These products enable carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services. You should be comfortable with the entire wired and wireless networking design and implementation. The candidate will have strong background and experience in L2, L3, L4-L7, 802.11, routing and tunneling. You will be working with a team in Sunnyvale to build the Wi-Fi controller software features. Your primary focus will be on the Data core, which all Ruckus Wi-Fi users pass their traffic through. We care about our customers and our customers’ end users’ experience. Come be on our team and help build the smartest Wi-Fi product in the world.
- Building the wired and wireless network and test Wi-Fi controller as the solution.
- Driving the Solution testing, System End to End testing.
- Work with the local engineering team and international teams to bring our product to real life deployment.
- Minimum 10 years of QA systems test for WiFi controller and L2/L3 switch products.
- Experienced with Routing and Tunneling, VLAN, Q-in-Q, VRRP, L2oGRE
- Experienced with Radius, TACACS/Diameter, 802.1x, Hotspot 2.0 R1 and R2, Captive Portal/Hotspot/BYOD.
- Experienced in virtualization technology and with various hypervisors and virtual machine.
- Technological familiarity with public/private/hybrid cloud, Openstack, GCE
- Experienced with 802.3, 802.11 a/b/g/n, 802.11ac.
- Experienced with wireless networking tools VeriWave, Chariot, Spirent, Ixia, wireless monitoring, AP-simulator.
- Familiar with network protocol layers and how to use network analyzers such as WireShark, EtherReal, OmniPeek, Wi-spy, Aircap. Experience with Python, TCL-TK, Java scripting is a plus
- Be able to communicate, verbally and in written form, with team members and co-workers.
- Be able to write clear procedures, bug descriptions and test reports.
- BS or MS in CS, EE, IS, Math or equivalent. Any other network certification is a plus
Job Location: Sunnyvale, CA
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.