This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to growth and customer demand, we are recruiting for a Quality Engineer to join our team in Euless, Texas.
The Quality Engineer will implement a unified approach to Quality in CommScope with the intent to deliver high-quality products and services in a manner that meets the high standards held by CommScope. Position has cross-functional accountability and interactions with Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Human Resources, Planning, and other applicable areas, in support of improving overall Quality.
Incumbent will utilize new methodologies and ways of thinking to resolve the natural differences that exist in an organization. The QE will be responsible for the quality systems at a location (usually one large facility or multiple small facilities such as distribution centers or design centers).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Provide input into a living three (3) year quality strategy specific to their areas of responsibilities to help drive excellence across all products and align with the overall company’s Quality organization and implement Quality Assurance industry best practices. Strategy will incorporate the required elements of the corporate, business unit, customer and organizations such as Operations, Procurement and Finance.
- The Quality Engineer is responsible for the three (3) key areas of quality relating to the design of systems and the Critical to Quality (CTQ) elements for the location(s) they are responsible for:
- Quality Improvement: the purposeful change of a process or product to improve its dependability.
- Quality Assurance: designed systematic preventative actions necessary to provide confidence that products and services meet given requirements all the times.
- Quality Control: inspecting and testing efforts to maintain the integrity of a process or product.
- Quality Improvement
- Responsible for identifying improvement opportunities, provide support with process documentation and metrics identification.
- Participate in collaborative cross-functional teams to deliver companywide quality solutions incorporating best practices.
- Lead improvement projects, establishing benchmarks and best practices and aligning with overall business goals for areas on responsibility.
- Quality Assurance
- Provides input into BU requirements and takes action to implement BU and corporate requirements into the local processes and systems that ensure the establishment and maintenance of a robust quality program into and at all sites for which there is responsibility, that comply with all company, local or applicable International Quality Standards, as required.
- Provides input into BU requirements and takes action to implement BU and corporate requirements into the formulation of standard operating procedures to support Quality Management System
- Responsible for monitoring local QA processes to verify that the prescribed methods are being followed for the BU they are responsible for.
- Constant improvement or reinvestment incorporating best practices for new systems and current system enhancements.
- Quality Control
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the local quality and assure compliance to all corporate and local policies, as well as compliance with national and international standards and legislation. Develops, recommends and implements changes as needed based on evaluation.
- Oversee the duties & functions of assigned areas of responsibility necessary to assure regulatory and accreditation compliance and advises the management on these issues.
- Integrates the audit function into quality improvement projects for plant systems and products
- Compliance with testing and inspection procedures.
- Coach, mentor and lead a highly dynamic quality technician team to achieve the requirements of their position(s) plus their individual professional career goals.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with employees through effective and timely communication.
- Maintain a level of knowledge, appropriate to job level, of internal systems in order to provide support to Quality staff.
- As applicable, hire and onboard staff.
- Manage, appraise and develop team. Take necessary corrective actions for underperforming staff or breaches of policy.
- Customer Focus
- Provide input to develop systems and processes to meet or exceed customer requirements. Implement those approved.
- Develop communication methods to employees for both the internal and external customers and what customer requirements must be met to ensure that both are satisfied. (Customer-focused Culture)
- Responsible for the local development of BU client-driven QA metrics and targets for each product and as part of a cross-product initiative to assure all products work independently and together in a high-quality manner. (Product/Service requirements of Customer)
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding quality issues with all customers (Internal and External) in a timely manner.
- Maintain awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- As applicable, Oversee and manage budget associated with projects, ensuring adequate staffing levels and project delivery within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus a minimum of five (5) years related experience.
- Three (3) plus years of supervisory and/or management experience leading and managing a team preferred.
- Proven ability to meet business and financial goals.
- Work experience of a statistical, engineering, or technical background.
- Experience working with metal, weld and paint preferred.
- Must be self-driven with the ability to understand and act on priorities.
- Familiarity with ISO9000/TL9000 Quality Systems with the implementation or other applicable professional experience.
- Working knowledge of basic and advanced Quality tools such as; TQM, Six Sigma, SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, Root Cause Analysis, Poke Yoke, Kaizen Lean Manufacturing, etc.
- Experience with developing & documenting procedures. Use of quality engineering methods in the inspection.
- Must be familiar with a wide range of reliability, environmental, and qualification programs.
- The ability to monitor the effectiveness of vendor quality programs as well as develop reports and implement corrective action programs on an as-needed basis.
- Assertiveness and excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to develop and implement structured QA processes, procedures and CTQ measures in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent decision-making and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to articulate (verbal and written), defend and negotiate quality expectations with internal and external customers at all levels of management.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and maintain the proper balance between meeting the business needs and managing the available resources.
- Ability to drive change when & where required.
- Ability to monitor one’s own emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled environment.
- ~ 10% travel may be required.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.