This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
The Platform Diagnostic Engineer will implement diagnostic software for verification testing of the LTE and 5GNR Digital and RF product hardware. Employ DSP algorithms to test and demonstrate compliance to wireless standards and governmental regulatory certifications. Create Linux software Device Drivers for test applications and validate processor and memory functions as integrated on the circuit board. Implement test interfaces to wireless Physical Layer 1 and Ethernet programmable logic IP and validate them for system integration. Create Diagnostic CLI for factory to develop test automation. Work directly with a team of Hardware and FPGA design engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Platform Diagnostic Engineer will implement diagnostic software for TElecom printed circuit board hardware
- Employ DSP algorithms to test and demonstrate radio compliance to wireless standards and governmental regulatory certifications
- Create Linux Device Drivers for test applications to validate baseband processor and radio functions
- Implement test harnesses to wireless Physical Layer and Ethernet FPGA programmable logic IP and validate on hardware for system integration
- Generate Diagnostic CLI for factory to develop automated tests of Ethernet, RFIC, FPGA, and timing devices
- Participate with Hardware and FPGA engineers in debug and troubleshooting
- Experience must include: C; C++; Linux Device Drivers development; FPGA AXI interfaces; TCP/ UDP IP and network protocols, i.e. FTTP, Ethernet and USB/Comm drivers; Managed file system implementation on NAND and eMMC FLASH memory
- Must also possess experience with: coding Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for wireless physical layer; Multi Core SoCs (System on Chip) for Telecomm RF applications; Xilinx Ultrascale+ MPSoC is the preferred platform
- Must possess ability to develop diagnostic software in low level uBoot environment and in a Linux OS environment
- Must have proficiency in IDE/Debuggers such as CodeWarrior, Lauterbach
- Familiarity with ARM AXI interfaces in either hardened processors or in programmable logic is preferred
- Experience with DSP simulation tools: Matlab, Simulink, VHDL Test Bench is a plus is preferred
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a full multi-disciplined product development team
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related curriculum such as Electrical Engineering and 8+ years experience or,Master's degree in related curriculum such as Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.