This job is archived
Learn More About Internship Programs at CommScope
As CommScope designs and builds connectivity for the world's most advanced networks, we're building something equally as important: careers for bright college students like you. Our Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you an invaluable work experience through completing challenging projects to help you grow and develop.
Throughout the 12-week program, you will collaborate with some of the best in the industry, receive on the job training and participate in professional development workshops, executive speaker series, and other networking and social events!
What to Expect:
As an Engineering Quality Intern, you will be responsible to support, from a quality perspective, a new product development project for an Inside Plant Fiber product under the Venue and Campus Networks segment. You will work closely with the quality, engineering, operations, product line management, and project management organizations to have a successful product launch into a manufacturing site.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Complete quality deliverables (control plan, packaged product review or retrospective review) for assigned product development project, as required.
- Lead the resolution of a design related customer or internal complaint to determine proper root cause and corrective/preventive actions.
- Partner with site quality and operations to calculate inspection and test times, and rework times for a new product launch.
- Collect and perform comparative analysis on key performance parameters for an Inside Plant Fiber product manufactured in multiple plants.
- Support ongoing special projects as needed.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- Junior or Senior standing in a BS, BA or master’s degree in Engineering field from an accredited university
- Proven strong academic performer with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Eligible to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship from the company
You Will Excite Us If You:
- Are passionate about quality and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Show innovation through unique ideas and propose them to the team
In today’s always on world, CommScope is pushing the bounds of communications technology. We are building better connections and shaping networks of the future. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating the network infrastructure of the future. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.