This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope Professional Services is currently recruiting for an Engineering Management position, focusing on projects (but not solely) in the Denver area. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and managing a team of Field Engineers (Full Time and Contractor staff), interfacing with customers and Project Managers, and overall delivering successful Professional Services projects. As part of the overall CommScope Professional Services team, you and your staff will be laser focused on high quality implementation of CommScope and associated products for our North American customers.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining top technical talent
- Managing and accounting for the utilization of resources – including the assignment of engineers to billable and non-billable projects
- Assisting with the scoping of projects, creation of statements of work.
- Work collaboratively across the North American Engineering team, and with our counterparts globally when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar technical field – plus at least 10 years industry experience
- Minimum 5 years management experience, preferably in a Professional Services environment
- Minimum 5 years of Cable Operational experience, either on the Vendor or Customer side of the business
- Fluency in Video/Cable technology, including CAS, SDV, Encryption, QAM, STB’s, Multiplexing, Ad Insertion, etc
- Successful track record of delivering successful projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Great communicator and relationship builder.
- You're proactive, creative, and collaborative - finding ways to add value and thrive in a rapidly developing business environment.
- You're a competitor and you set standards that allow us to effectively compete in the marketplace.
- Travel: Must be able and willing to manage up to 50% domestic travel and hold a valid passport and driver’s license.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.