The ARRIS TELCO System Integration and Test (SI&T) group oversees the qualification of CPE products. This position holder will be part of a team that tests ARRIS Customer Premise equipment (CPE) involving various technologies like xDSL, VoIP, CBRS, LTE and Wi-Fi standards.
Please note this position will be working at locations in the Plano and Lewisville, TX area. This is not a work from home position.
Responsibilities of the position holder include:
- Design and setup test beds and test automation infrastructure to exercise and test access networks based on customer and ARRIS test plans.
- Have an expert level understanding of 802.11 standards.
- Act as a subject matter expert for 802.11 Wi-Fi standards (legacy and upcoming).
- Execute rate and reach, throughput(OTA) and protocol compliance testing using Ixia, IxChariot tools.
- Understanding of product requirement documents (PRD), engineering requirement specifications (ERS), customer lab, production scenarios and creating new feature test cases in a test management system.
- Troubleshoot issues discovered in customer labs, logging defects in ARRIS defect tracking
- System and assisting internal teams in debugging issues reported by the customers.
- Ensuring all test activities meet customer defined processes and deadlines.
- Expert working knowledge with packet capture tools such as Wireshark.
- Expert understanding of Networking concepts and protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, 802.11(a/b/g/n/AC/AX) and DHCP.
- Hands on experience with test tools like Spirent Test Center, Shenick Diversifye and Ixia Veriwave.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with shell and Python scripting.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
- Candidate must be self-driven and highly motivated.
- Previous experience in customer facing roles.
GOOD TO HAVE:
- Any networking certifications such as CCNA, CCNP.
- Familiarity with Agile processes.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.