This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for an Engineering Technician to join our team in Richardson, Texas.
The Engineering Technician will provide a variety of technical support tasks to Engineering Services, RF and Mechanical Engineers. The Engineering Technician will assist in the development, assembly, tuning and testing of complicated RF antenna systems. This position is hands on and requires relevant hand on experience. Speed and multi-tasking are important skills required for this role in addition to working in a laboratory environment. Incumbent will be required to lift items (weight will vary) to support product testing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• RF measurements using network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc. Measurements include but are not limited to S-parameters, antenna patterns, gain, noise figure, phase noise, and ACLR.
• Building and testing advanced and complicated RF systems (Phase array antennas which requires reading 2D SolidWorks assembly drawings, PCB assembly, trouble shooting and RF measurements).
• Advanced level assembly (SolidWorks diagram reading), complicated system assembly, cable and component soldering (passive and active components).
• Assists in the preservation and maintenance of lab equipment.
• Responsible for the operation of engineering test equipment in a laboratory setting.
• Under the guidance of Engineers, prepares and assembles antennas, sub-modules and test bed samples. Conducts appropriate testing and provide findings to engineers.
•Trouble shoot complex PCB/ PCBA either on his/her own or under guidance from engineers.
• As appropriate, report model testing status and results to departmental supervisor, manager and/or engineers.
• Assist in the documentation of manufacturing methods and procedures.
• Assist with material handling e.g. shipping and receiving functions. Monitor the material replenishment system for lab environment including verification of incoming materials for correct quantity and identification.
• Assists in prototype fabrication, assembly, tuning, and design development. Modify prototypes, parts, and assemblies correct functional deviations.
•Troubleshoot and repair problems in completed assemblies, modify if necessary. Will trouble shoot an electronic problem area to determine root cause and remedy problem.
• Ability to document work instructions and simple test reports with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work overtime based on business need.
Required Education and Experience:
• .Complete Associate Degree preferably Industrial Engineering Technology or Electro-Mechanical Technology* with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with three (3) plus years manufacturing assembly experience
- Advanced soldering skills is a must and critical for this role. (Cable assembly and component soldering) - (IPC Certified).
- Must have experience reading 2D assembly drawings (i.e. SolidWorks assembly), Schematics (Altium or similar circuit design tools) with the ability to troubleshoot circuits and read schematics
- Keen to learn new skills and be ready to work in an agile environment.
- Entry level knowledge of SAP
- Works well as an equal in a technician team and demonstrates team leadership skills.
- Able to work on multiple tasks and expedite tasks.
- Recognized as top performer by internal customers.
- Familiarity with RF/MW test equipment such as signal sources, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and other general use test equipment.
- Understand Time Domain and frequency domain function of a network analyzers, port extensions, Smith chart, RL, ISO, PIM (Preferred).
- Excel formulas, PowerPoint simple programming skills (Preferred).
- IPC Certified
•The ability to lift, with assistance, up to 100 pounds (throughout the work day).
•The ability to safely climb stairs/ladders while, with assistance, carrying up to 50 pounds.
•The ability to push or pull, with assistance, up to 100 pounds (throughout the work day).
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.