Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Due to our continued growth and customer demand, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer located in Shakopee, MN or Richardson, TX. .
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer on the Global Manufacturing Engineering team you’re responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining world class manufacturing systems globally. This role will center on fiber optic cable assemblies, working with internal design engineers and suppliers to deliver new products to market. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer determines the parts, equipment, tools, and processes needed to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications.
- Project management for strategic manufacturing initiatives.
- Represent the global manufacturing team supporting product development and process improvement projects.
- Develop project scope, maintain and report on manufacturing engineering projects.
- Mentor Manufacturing Engineers in support of business unit objectives.
- Develop manufacturing ‘Best in Class’ strategies and processes for products.
- Improve manufacturing capability in internal and external facilities through process improvement, including design for manufacturability (DFM) and lean manufacturing.
- Contribute to development of staffing and capital plans for manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Evaluate and distribute best practices to the global manufacturing sites.
- Exercises latitude in determining objectives of assignments in cooperation with the Management team;
- Interacts with management, senior personnel and peers on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
· Travel to other CommScope facilities and supplier locations.
- A Bachelors degree in Engineering or a Technical Discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering role.
- Experience with fiber optic cable assembly furcation, termination, polish, inspection, test, and qualification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean
- Project management experience
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.