Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
This position is a member of the CommScope Global Packaging team and reports to the Global Packaging Director. The candidate’s primary function will be to provide package engineering support to the Cloud and Hyperscale Solutions business unit, which is comprised of an extended portfolio of Cloud Hyperscape Products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with our R&D engineering, New Product Introduction (NPI) engineering, and Product Management teams to design and deploy practical, innovative and sustainable packaging.
- Support plant operations and manufacturing engineering teams with packaging deployment efforts and packaging-related issues/efforts.
- Identify, lead and support cost reduction opportunities by qualifying alternate packaging materials, process improvements and packaging design optimization.
- Assist with development and deployment of internal packaging specifications, standards and policies that align and comply with applicable industry and governmental standards.
- Identify opportunities and lead efforts to drive global standardization of packaging design, materials and processes.
- Assist with championing sustainable packaging efforts by focusing on use of environmentally friendly “green” materials and material minimization, both internally and with contracted suppliers and vendors.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with external vendors and contractors in cooperation with procurement and quality and improve the efficiency process through incorporation of new technology.
- Understand and interpret package testing procedures/results to support and ensure effective design, qualification, validation, and implementation of new packaging and packaging systems.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including some international travel (primarily Mexico).
- BS degree in Package Engineering/Technology/Science, or related engineering/science field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in industrial/commercial packaging design and packaging processes.
- Project management skills showing ability to lead packaging projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt quickly to new international markets and environments.
- Experience working with sustainable packaging design methods and materials, with an understanding of international testing standards, such as ASTM, ISTA, etc.
- Experience with SAP ERP systems and functionality.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.