This job is archived
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
CommScope is hiring a Quality Engineer Material Management for an opportunity located in Euless, TX or Richardson, TX
Operates under and reports directly to the Vice President Quality. Primary responsibilities include ensuring the distribution centers maintain a robust, effective Quality Management System that complies with applicable regulations and CommScope procedures. The role will provide Quality oversight ensuring that Logistics, Manufacturing / DC’s and supporting quality staff adequately support CommScope’s requirements and priorities to create customer value addressing elements critical to business success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & JOB DUTIES:
- Assist with materials engineering disposition on deviations and process variation research for Quality notifications and failure analysis /root cause analysis of material handling, shipping and logistics issues and drive corrective actions.
- Effectively evaluate and provide direction to Operations, Logistics and/or Distribution Centers with inventory that has suspected damage and is at risk of being defectively shipped and/or scrapped.
- Work closely with logistics, operations and engineering to reduce scrap and drive continuous improvement activities to reduce customer complaints and lower the response time.
- Responsible for establishing and leading local site implementation of Quality objectives and key business drivers established for Operations / Distribution Centers.
- Investigate internal and external quality issues and identify root cause, using data analysis, data trending and periodic reporting. Participate in the Internal Audit process and assist in addressing observations.
- Sets corporate standards, directs and trains employees engaged in all aspects of material handling from component, intracompany deliveries to final customer shipments to ensure conformance of material, processes, and products throughout the process.
- Promote quality assurance in support of new product design and manufacturing. As applicable, contributes to the development of quality and reliability expectations for new product development in support of robust material movement. Assists teams with the solutioning of service quality issues relating to existing and new products.
- Maintain process failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) documentation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Engineering, Quality (with operations degree preferred).
- Five (5) to eight (8) years in quality engineering preferably in material management and/or logistics.
- Green Belt certified required.
- Ability to independently complete problem-solving tasks.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- LEAN / 6 sigma experience a plus.
- Auditor experience a plus.
- SAP experience highly desired.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Statistical Process Controls.
- Basic understanding of engineering and mathematics principles.
- Understand interpretation of drawings, specifications, blueprints etc.
- Able to use inspection and measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, tensile strength testers etc.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, eager to learn and/or train.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and teamwork skills are required.
- Able to follow instructions in all formats: written, verbal, and electronic.
- Excellent time management, prioritization abilities, and strong project management skills.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies.
- Strong analytical skills, with 80/20 mindset.
- Ability to work with and manage complexity/change.
- Demonstrated ability to make tough decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies along with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a result driven, team-oriented environment.
- Personally driven and motivates others to excel.
- ~25% - 50% domestic and international travel may be required.
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.