Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
Are you enthusiastic about creating designs for industry leading products and taking them from concepts through completion? If so, this may be an opportunity you are looking for!
CommScope is hiring a Mechanical Designer in Shakopee MN
How You'll Help Us Connect the World
As a Mechanical designer I on the Building Connectivity Infrastructure R&D engineering team, you will be instrumental in developing mechanical apparatus for fiber optic and copper telecommunication products to support high-speed networks of the future. The role involves utilizing design skills to create solutions that solve customer problems, minimize costs, are reliable, and easy to manufacture.
More specifically, daily activities may include the following:
- Modeling product components and assemblies in CREO software, following company practices, and managing CAD file versions in the SAP database
- Coordinating requests for prototypes of new designs using relevant methods and suppliers
- Collaborating with the lead engineer to evaluate form, fit and function of prototypes, and to assure materials and designs are meeting relevant specifications
- Documenting designs in drawings and bills of materials, per standards and specifications, and initiate release of these into MRP system.
- Collaborating with Manufacturing Process Development to assure components and assemblies are manufacturable.
- Collaborating with Field Application Engineering to assure that products are usable by the customer in an application setting.
- Participation in process improvement efforts and group training
Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Associates Degree
- Strong CREO experience
- Ability to perform tolerance analysis and apply geometric tolerancing
- Understanding principles of design for manufacturing
You Will Excite Us If You Have
One year of relevant experience in Mechanical Design. Knowledge of materials, injection molding, stamping dies, plating, and sheet metal fabrication process. Experience with FEA (ANSYS, Pro/Mechanical) and related analytical tools. Experience with design of fiber optic and/or Ethernet products used in Enterprise and Carrier markets per international and Domestic standards (ISO, IEC, TIA 568, Telcordia, IEEE).
What happens after you apply
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we're always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit [Register to View]
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.