The industrial engineer will find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in production processes. They will design efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy and materials to make products or provide services. The industrial engineer will also design equipment to coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards. They will design, develop and maintain manufacturing routes to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and space. The industrial engineer will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines. They will also work in a support role as needed on less complex projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead continuous improvement in all processes, systems, equipment, and methodologies relative to output, executional accuracy, materials consumption, efficiency, lean deployment, and reduction of costs.
- Lead the establishment, standardization, and maintenance of work standards (SAMs / SAHs), tact times, and process constraint elimination.
- Manage the structure and deployment of incentive compensation models and systems.
- Analyze and track the components of controllable costs, develop reduction initiatives, and support deployment of those initiatives.
- Lead the design and support the total plant and warehouse layouts and workflows to include the implementation of new product lines.
- Lead workforce, MHE, and transportation safety engineering initiatives.
- Manage major facility improvement and/or operational expansion projects.
- Partner with plant and production management to support the attainment of all business plan goals and objectives.
- Partner with the quality assurance management to assure that all IE initiatives are fully supportive of all QA and ISO parameters and protocols.
o 4-year BS degree in IE / EE / ME.
o 5 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment – automotive preferred.
o Black-belt certification preferred.
o Advanced level Excel user.
o Advanced level in analytics and statistical modeling.
o Intermediate level user of AutoCAD and/or similar design software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.