The Production Planning & Control Industrial Engineer supervises demand planning for all divisional transportation plant locations by working with site planners to optimize utilization of assets and labor. They shall also support plant discovering ways to gain efficiency in production processes all while maintaining the highest quality of products. Engineering support also includes but is not limited by the following: assisting in transformation processes, identifying and implementing cost saving ideas, manufacturing process planning and set up (bill of material – BOM), troubleshooting problematic manufacturing processes.
The candidate must be proficient in administration of lean manufacturing techniques to identify and implement process improvements resulting in cost savings. The role is regional and requires travel up to 60%.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure BOM time and material standards are accurate for all products
- Ensure plant planners are allocating appropriate resources based on demand forecast
- Standardize plant planning methods and best practice for forecast planning
- Work with plant planners to specify labor and equipment to be used for minimal cost to produce
- Communicate and coordinate upcoming work center load (capacity planning) to provide visibility to facility
- Install and drive KPIs supporting true OEE understanding throughout value streams
- Drive and administer lean manufacturing principles for process improvements.
- Lead cross-functional teams in constraint analysis of problematic manufacturing processes.
- Develop manufacturing processes for new products.
- Develop cost justifications for capital equipment requests.
- Aid in creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain a strategy on waste elimination, efficiency, and cost reduction.
- Collaborate with sales, customer service, and logistics to maximize efficiency in inventory at the facility.
- Identify and communicate constraints in the production flow
- Travel as necessary to satisfy the duties and needs of the Industrial Engineer position.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications:
- Five years in mass production setting; automotive experience preferred (TPS, WCM…)
- Three or more years of experience using MRP/ERP systems; Oracle (JDE) preferred
- CAD proficiency for plant layout changes.
- Transformation experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Lean/ process improvement experience;
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills at all levels of the organization.
- Possess strong strategic planning, analytics, problem-solving, and management skills.
- Deep knowledge of production processes, costs, quality control, raw materials and other methods for improving the efficient manufacture and distribution of goods.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering is required; Master’s Degree a plus.