Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for involvement with labor standard set-up and changes in our current ERP system (J.D. Edwards). This includes the involvement in setting up new part numbers and labor standard files, change existing labor standards, and deleting obsolete labor standards.
- Analyze and review efficiency reports with management to determine labor standards to be changes and report changes.
- Bill of material set-up and changes: set up new part numbers and bill of material structures, change existing structures, and delete obsolete structures. This would include the audit and update of BOMs to include realistic processes and procedures relative to both material and labor.
- Assess equipment and process needs and requirements to develop requests for CE, and develop the return on investment (ROI) for spending those funds. This includes the receipt and typing up CE budget requests for the Foam Fab plants. This includes summarizing and organizing all CE requests, for review with the Plant Managers and the Director of Manufacturing Services for final approval before submitting to Corporate Office.
- Design and document new and existing products and processes. This will include the involvement and input with ISO programs.
- Collaborate with manufacturing service maintenance on design, documentation and procurement of tooling, critical spare parts, and equipment.
- Facilitate engineering change notices.
- Involvement in product testing, product design, building engineering samples, test reports, process and procedure design throughout the facilities supported, as well as assistance in implementation and adherence to LEAN principles, including but not limited to 6S.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement Process, and provide reporting support to Division.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Division Management and Corporate Leadership.
- Conform to all Quality/Safety requirements and procedures.
- Keep a clean and orderly workplace.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Minimum 3 years related work experience. Would consider an advanced college graduate with relative experiences.
- Must have good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Professional verbal and written communication skills essential
- Must have strong, demonstrated technical skills and experience
- Understanding of standards and cost estimation process, with the utilization of Six-Sigma and LEAN methodology and tools.
- Must be able and willing to travel
Must have excellent reasoning abilities, ability to follow directions, have a willingness to learn, be self-motivated and self-managed with direction from the Director of Manufacturing Services, possess the ability and desire to participate and successfully pass courses and certifications pertaining to the areas of responsibility of this position deemed relative by the Director of Manufacturing Services.
- Computer aided design and drafting
- Report writing
- MSOffice products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project