Engineering support will be required for all plant manufacturing operations, both current and new production. Engineering support such as, but not limited to, manufacturing process planning and set up, equipment & CNC programming, new business planning, cost analysis, continuous process improvement, and process design. Frequent and reoccurring duties are necessary such as evaluating cycle time vs. takt time, DPMO, PPM, and other 6 Sigma and LEAN concepts as assigned. Design and specification of current equipment, new equipment, production and process flow, and check gauges used to produce and check existing and new products & processes.
The successful candidate must possess an in-depth knowledge of machines, operations, and process and procedures. He/she must have the ability to determine work methods and procedures to ensure a high degree of accuracy, precision, and conformity with requirements in finished parts, as well as alignment with Six-Sigma and LEAN principles. The candidate must be proficient in setup and operation of CNC equipment, proficient in interactive programming, and engineering drawing and interpretation. This support will be focused on multiple sites across the US and will require some extensive travel at times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for involvement with labor standard set-up and changes in our current ERP system (J.D. Edwards). This involves the involvement in setting up new part numbers and labor standard files, change existing labor standards, and deleting obsolete labor standards.
- Analyze and review efficiency reports with management to determine labor standards to be changes and report changes.
- Bill of material set-up and changes: set up new part numbers and bill of material structures, change existing structures, and delete obsolete structures. This would include the audit and update of BOMs to include realistic processes and procedures relative to both material and labor.
- Assess equipment and process needs and requirements to develop requests for CE, and develop the return on investment (ROI) for spending those funds. This includes the receipt and typing up CE budget requests for the Western Division. This includes summarizing and organizing all CE requests, for review with the Plant Managers and the Regional Operations Managers for final approval and submitting to Corporate Office.
- Design and document new and existing products and processes. This will include the involvement and input with ISO programs.
- Collaborate with maintenance on design, documentation and procurement of tooling, critical spare parts, and equipment.
- Works within design procedures of ISO and Quality Systems
- Facilitate engineering change notices.
- Involvement in product testing, product design, building engineering samples, test reports, process and procedure design throughout the facilities supported, as well as assistance in implementation and adherence to LEAN principles, including but not limited to 6S.
- Participate in the Continuous Significant Improvement Process, and provide reporting support to Division.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Division Management and Corporate Leadership.
- Conform to all Quality/Safety requirements and procedures.
- Keep a clean and orderly workplace.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited engineering college
- Minimum 2 years related work experience. Would consider an advanced college graduate with relative experiences.
- Must have good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Professional verbal and written communication skills essential
- Must have strong, demonstrated technical skills and experience
- Understanding of standards and cost estimation process, with the utilization of Six-Sigma and LEAN methodology and tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Must be cooperative and proactive, and capable of effective independent work.
- Must work well with others in a matrix organization.